Implementing Reality Capture in the Digital Building Lifecycle
In Episode 6 of the RCN Podcast, Salla Pallos Eckhardt of Microsoft shares her perspective on the future of technology in construction and how reality capture is leveraging the intelligence cloud to bring physical data into the digital world.
The digital building lifecycle is a new business model for the AECO industry that creates an overall framework to push the industry forward, enable profitable growth, and discover new products and services as the industry is digitizing. This method of data usage delivers built environments with increased performance at a lower cost:
- Data based investment decision and digital building lifecycle strategy
- Design strategy based schematic design
- BIM based detailed design
- Total cost analysis and total performance simulation
- Implementation documentation
- Off-site construction
- nD BIM
- BIM based supply chain management
- Digital twin
- Digital twin based TI, retrofit, renovation
- End of physical lifecycle and digital handover
By allowing the data to flow, the silos that have traditionally existed across industries and departments break down, beneficially impacting the work of architects, engineers, general contractors, manufacturers, and everyone else in the digital supply chain.
Listen to Episode 6 of the RCN Podcast to learn more about how Salla and her team at Microsoft foresee reality capture technology to disrupt the construction industry.